Company designs and manufactures custom furniture and architectural millwork. It produces commissioned, one-of-a-kind pieces, as well as custom contract furniture and architectural millwork. In a given production cycle, company works on projects as varied as 100 chairs for a new restaurant, a conference table for an architecture firm, metal signage for an automobile dealership, a custom entertainment center, or a steel staircase for a lighting studio.
Position Duties and Activities:
- Learn operation of classic machinery - machining solid stock into rectilinear and profile shapes.
- Learn operation of automated machinery - understand basics of machine programming and be able to produce nested-based parts.
- Understand and perform the basics of solvent-based, furniture finishes.
- Assist in the design, layout and production of blueprint veneered wall panel projects.
- Undergraduate Student
- Academic or professional background in woodworking
- Positive attitude
- Conversational English
To Apply For This Position:
Please fill out the form below and submit the following two documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in a professional training position in the USA, your relevant experience, and what you can add to the host company.
- Attach your detailed resume - dates of study should include month and year. Your employment history should include a brief description of the responsibilities and any major projects you worked on that would prepare you for this position.