Unique K-6 dual immersion school with four language programs: French, Italian, German, and Spanish. The school invites around 16 interns each year to train alongside their teachers and gain experience in education. The school's families host interns, so there is also an opportunity for deeper cultural exchange within the school community.
Position Duties and Activities:
- Help teacher in the classroom: activity rotations, reading groups, craft projects, etc.
- Prepare lessons and projects or activities under the guidance of the teacher.
- Help students learn the target language by speaking to them in that language throughout the school day and preparing cultural activities for them and teach culture to the children (dances, songs, etc.). Intern must also speak English proficiently to be able to communicate with staff and students.
- Reinforce the school's positive behavior practices (lining up, listening to others, respecting others, listening to the teacher).
- Undergraduate Student
- Native speaker of German, French, Italian, or Spanish
- Currently studying education with an interest in elementary education and foreign language instruction.
- Ability to live independently within a host family and speak proficient English
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a mentor teacher
- Foreign Languages required: German, French, Italian, or Spanish
To Apply For This Position:
Please fill out the form below and submit the following two documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in a professional training position in the USA, your relevant experience, and what you can add to the host company.
- Attach your detailed resume - dates of study should include month and year. Your employment history should include a brief description of the responsibilities and any major projects you worked on that would prepare you for this position.