Seattle-area elementary and preschool offering immersion French and bilingual education. The school's mission is to cultivate a community of globally minded independent thinkers through bilingual education.
Position Duties and Activities:
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Master the curriculum and all programs in French
- Work with the students individually or in group
- Co-work with English teacher to implement activities and special projects in the classrooms on a regular basis
- Prepare educational materials required to implement the daily lesson plan, including photocopying, material planning, placing orders of supplies, books and other materials with board approval
- Prepare written lesson plans and conduct daily activities for children in a safe environment
- Work with other teachers in the planning of field trips
- Supervise the children on the field trips
- Participate in supervising free play and outdoor play
- Participate in professional development opportunities set forth by the Head of School
- Teacher is expected to check email twice daily, once in the morning before the start of classes and once again before the end of the school day, to ensure good communication. Teacher is expected to respond to parent and administrator emails within 24 hours for non-emergencies.
- 3+ of work experience in related field
- Bachelor's Degree
- The teacher must hold a teaching certificate and/or have a degree in education and have a strong knowledge of children development and school programs. The teacher must have a minimum of 4 years experience, 2 years experience in a bilingual school and be native in the language of instruction.
- Very strong organizational and communication skills; strong classroom management skills; ability to work individually and as a member of a team; be detail oriented; solid flexibility and ability to adapt; exhibit leadership and problem solving skills
- Be passionate about providing the best education to all children; ability to adjust his/her teaching style to each child’s need; teacher must have attended a first aid/CPR class
- Experience in a bilingual school is a plus
- Foreign Languages required: French (native or bilingual)
To Apply For This Position:
Please fill out the form below and submit the following two documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in a professional training position in the USA, your relevant experience, and what you can add to the host company.
- Attach your detailed resume - dates of study should include month and year. Your employment history should include a brief description of the responsibilities and any major projects you worked on that would prepare you for this position.