A Mandarin and Spanish immersion elementary school located in Cleveland, Ohio. As a language immersion school, students spend the majority of every day learning in Mandarin or Spanish (students choose one language). Through this immersion model, students become bilingual and bi-literate in English and Mandarin or Spanish. Students receive daily instruction in Mandarin or Spanish across all core subjects (Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts) and instruction in English (English Language Arts, Physical Education, and Art), according to the table below, providing students a strong path to dual language proficiency.
Position Duties and Activities:
- Participate in professional development activities and help set up classrooms. Assist students in the target language.
- Assist in routine classroom management activities and help individual students or small groups of learners. Provide small group instruction and the presentation of individual lessons designed in collaboration with the supervising teacher.
- Prepare and deliver age-appropriate cultural presentations in their primary classroom and other elementary classrooms in the school.
- Undergraduate Student
- Currently studying to become a teacher
- Interest in working in a school / education environment
- Enjoy working with young children, ages 5 to 9 years old
- Foreign Languages required: Mandarin or Spanish
To Apply For This Position:
Please fill out the form below and submit the following two documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in a professional training position in the USA, your relevant experience, and what you can add to the host company.
- Attach your detailed resume - dates of study should include month and year. Your employment history should include a brief description of the responsibilities and any major projects you worked on that would prepare you for this position.