Organization promotes justice by defending and advancing the rights of immigrants through direct legal services, systemic advocacy, and community education.
Position Duties and Activities:
- Shadow supervisor in direct legal representation to low income individuals who seek immigration legal services.
- Shadow on litigation cases and the supervisor's cases on low income individuals requiring immigration legal services before the immigration court and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Help draft affirmative visa petitions for immigrants, help prepare clients for court or interviews with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services, gather supporting documentation and prepare correspondence on behalf of clients with affirmative applications before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, and prepare applications for relief, drafting legal briefs and memoranda.
- Undergraduate Student
- Background in Law, Legal Research, or Human Rights Law.
- Spanish speaking candidates preferred.
- Foreign Languages preferred: Spanish
To Apply For This Position:
Please fill out the form below and submit the following two documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in a professional training position in the USA, your relevant experience, and what you can add to the host company.
- Attach your detailed resume - dates of study should include month and year. Your employment history should include a brief description of the responsibilities and any major projects you worked on that would prepare you for this position.