CICD’s Paid Culinary or Hospitality Internship Program in the French Alps offers students the opportunity to improve their professional culinary or hospitality skills while enjoying the majestic scenery and slopes of the French Alps! Following an intensive language program in Montpellier, France, participants will be placed in 4- to 5-star hotels at the most prestigious ski resorts in the French Alps. Students will be offered 8- to 17-week internship placements related to their field of study and will intern in the kitchen (savory or pastry), bar, or reception area for the winter season (mid-December to mid-April). This paid internship program is a great opportunity for students of Culinary Arts or Hospitality to gain real work experience, learn French, and immerse themselves in French culture.
|Program Start Dates:||
2018: 11/19, 12/03
2019: 01/07, 02/06
|Location:||Program begins in Montpellier, France; internships take place in French Alps resorts|
|Compensation||546.00 Euros per month (approximately $640.00 USD)|
|Program Fee:||From $3,485.00|
|Typical Application Process:||3-6 months|
Phase 1: Language Course
Location: Montpellier, France – a city full of life located just a few miles from the Mediterranean coast.
When students arrive in France, they begin their programs with a specialized language and cultural immersion course. Students participating in a 12-week program will complete two weeks of language courses, and students participating in a 6-month program will complete four weeks of language courses. During this time, students are housed with host families and are provided with two meals per day.
What is Included?
- Arrival transfer from train station or airport to host family’s residence in Montpellier
- 6 months access to French e-learning platform specially designed for CICD participants starting one month before departure
- 40 specialized French lessons with one of the top language schools in France (80 lessons for students completing four weeks of language courses)
- Orientation tour of Montpellier
- Cooking workshops and cultural activities in Montpellier
- Accommodation with a host family in Montpellier
- Breakfast and dinner provided by the host family
- Bus/tram pass
Phase 2: 2-6 Month Internship
What is Included?
- Monthly stipend of 546.00 Euros (approximately $640.00 USD)
- Full-time internship placement (at least 35 hours per week)
- Two days off per week (not necessarily consecutive) to enjoy France
- Full Accommodation in a shared staff apartment or staff hotel room
- Minimum of two meals per day provided by the hotel
- Two evaluations with students and tutors during the internship
- New skills developed by working with great professionals!
- Meeting other students from around the world!
Note: transfer from Montpellier to internship placement will be the student’s responsibility. CICD will let students know of the best way to travel to their placement and how much it will cost, but it will be their responsibility to buy a train or bus ticket once in France (cost is generally around 50 Euros).
What do I receive after completion?
After students complete their internship program requirements and final CICD evaluation, CICD is happy to send them their Certificate of Completion signed by the language school, CICD, and the student’s host company in France.
Other Program Options
Additional services available for participants: international medical insurance, additional nights of accommodation with host family or hotel, visa assistance, Paris and Barcelona tours
* For eligibility based on graduation dates, please contact CICD.
** Citizens of the following countries may stay in France for up to 90 days without a visa: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salavador, UAE, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela, and British nationals overseas. Please contact CICD for more information.