CICD’s 3- to 7-month Paid Culinary Internship program in France provides students of Culinary Arts or Hospitality with a great opportunity to gain real work experience, learn a new language, and immerse themselves in a new culture. This program is divided into two phases. Students begin their programs with phase one in Montpellier, southern France, where they complete a short language and cultural immersion course to help them adapt to their new surroundings and learn the basic French skills they need to succeed during their internships. Following the language course, students move on to phase two of the program where they complete full-time internships with 3- to 5-star hotels and restaurants across the south of France.
|Program Start Dates:||
2021: 01/04, 02/01, 03/01, 04/05, 05/03, 06/07, 07/05, 09/06, 10/04, 11/08, 12/06
|Location:||Program begins in Montpellier, France; internships take place in various locations across France (ex: Avignon, Bordeaux, Clermont-Ferrand, Marseille, Nice, etc.)|
|Compensation||615.00 Euros per month (approximately $730.00 USD)|
|Program Fee:||From $3735.00|
|Typical Length of Application Process:||3-36 months|
Phase 1: 2- to 4-week Language Course
Location: Montpellier, France – a city full of life located just a few miles from the Mediterranean coast.
When students arrive in France, they begin their program with a specialized language and cultural immersion course. During this time, students are housed with host families and are provided with two meals per day.
What is Included?
- Arrival transfer from train station or airport to host family’s residence
- 40-80 specialized French lessons with one of the top language schools in France
- 6 months access to French e-learning platform specially designed for CICD participants starting upon registration
- Orientation tour of Montpellier
- Cooking workshops and cultural activities
- Accommodation with a host family
- Breakfast and dinner provided by the host family
- Bus/tram pass
- Medical insurance available from $65-$75/month
Phase 2: 8- to 26-week Internship
Students are placed in 3- to 5-star hotel-restaurants across southern France for their internships. During the enrollment process, CICD works directly with students to provide them with options of placement based on their interests, qualifications, and available positions amongst partner hotels in France. All placements are vetted by CICD prior to placement to ensure program quality.
What is Included?
- Monthly stipend of 615.00 Euros (approximately $730.00 USD)
- Full-time internship placement (at least 35 hours per week)
- Two days off per week (not necessarily consecutive) to enjoy France
- Full Accommodation in a shared staff apartment or staff hotel room (basic comfort)
- Minimum of two meals per day provided by the hotel
- Two evaluations with students and tutors during the internship
- New skills developed by working with great professionals!
- Meeting other students from around the world!
Note: transfer from Montpellier to internship placement will be the student’s responsibility. CICD will let students know of the best way to travel to their placement and how much it will cost, but it will be their responsibility to buy a train or bus ticket once in France (cost is generally under 50 Euros/ USD $57).
What do I receive after completion?
After students complete their internship program requirements and CICD final evaluation, CICD is happy to send them their Certificate of Completion signed by the language school, CICD, and the student’s host company in France.
Additional services available for all participants: additional nights of accommodation with host family or hotel, visa assistance, Paris and Barcelona tours, etc.
Please Note: CICD offers the option to combine multiple programs in different European countries (ex. France + Spain or France + Italy) for the duration of their choice at a special price. For more information, please contact CICD.
US Participants completing a program longer than three months must apply for a visa. EU participants may be exempt. For other nationalities, please check with CICD.
* For eligibility based on graduation dates, please contact CICD.
** Citizens of the following countries may stay in France for up to 90 days without a visa and are eligible for our program: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salavador, UAE, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela, and British nationals overseas. Please contact CICD for more information.